USA TODAY featured a snapshot of our Most Memorable New Product Launch (MMNPL) survey on the front page of the Money section in yesterday’s edition.
It’s never been more difficult to launch a new product. Consumers are more fragmented than ever. With 40,000 products launched each year, how can marketers make sure their launch will stand out?
Join us in this Google+ Hangout with brand experts from the 11th Annual Most Memorable New Product Launches who will share how they leveraged earned, owned and paid media spend to create a launch that captivated consumers and led to incredible sales.
Launch Expert and Author, Julie Hall, Behavioral Research Expert Aaron Reid, and moderator the Founder of The CMO Club Pete Krainik and brand representatives from Taco Bell, Pepsi, and McDonald’s will talk about the 2012 Most memorable new Product Launch findings, like:
- How “Men Are The New Women’ on Madison Avenue
- Why “Made in the USA” is more important than ever
- How social media may not be considered “earned media” anymore
- Don’t launch your new product in an election year, and
- A look back on the best launches of the past decade what marketers can learn from them
Yesterday, USA Today featured the results of the 2012 Most Memorable New Product Launch (MMNPL) survey in a snapshot on the front page of the Money section. The snapshot announced the top five most memorable new products of 2012 according to our survey. Amazon’s Kindle Fire topped the list with a surprising 30% of respondents remembering the product launch, even though it had been almost a year since the Kindle Fire first hit the market. Taco Bell’s comeback was solidified by the Doritos Locos Taco coming in at the number two spot, followed by Tide Pods, a launch whose huge marketing budget clearly made and impression on consumers. Pepsi Next, the reduced calorie soda, and the Samsung Galaxy Note smartphone rounded out the top five, showing that soda can still compete with big tech products when it comes to making a connection with consumers.
Stay tuned for the release of the full results of the 2012 MMNPL survey, including key consumer purchasing behavior insights.
USA Today featured data from Schneider Associates‘ and Sentient Decision Science‘s 2011 Most Memorable New Product Launch survey in a snapshot on the front page of the Life section on January 24th. The data showed that television viewers enjoy commercials more than online viewers, but also that the majority of consumers polled enjoy watching commercials at least sometimes.
With more than 40,000 products launched each year, how will your product stand apart from the competition? This video webinar reveals the strategies and tactics smart marketers used to achieve top ten status in the ninth annual Most Memorable New Product Launch survey (national consumer sample).
Click image or click here to watch
In the video, Launch Expert and Author, Julie Hall, and Chief Behavioral Scientist, Aaron Reid offer insights on:
• The five “must-do” marketing tactics influencing consumer purchasing today
• Easy ways to use social mediums like Facebook and Twitter to improve the awareness of your new product launch
• Top sources of information that almost all consumers use to learn about new products
• Emerging trends in 2011 that will influence consumer choices and certainly impact your new product launch